Design and Planning
To help you gain a clear vision for your site, our landscape design expert comes out to your property and will:
- Assess the potential of the site
- Advise you on what direction to take
- Discuss your budget
- Devise cost-effective options
- Make comprehensive notes
We practice landscape design and landscaping methods that build on the existing qualities of your property.
Our aim is to design landscapes that compliment your lifestyle, reflect your personal style and enhance the natural character of the site. When it comes to creating your unique space, we help you identify your long-term requirements to design a landscape that evolves with your changing needs.
When you appoint Gary Winter Landscape Design, we undertake all aspects of design and planning so that you have a clear understanding of how to achieve your desired outcome.
When choosing your landscape design, we keep in mind your geographic surroundings. We encourage you to consider the natural theme of your location, so you retain an authentic feel to your landscape. Every garden space we design is in collaboration with our client, and we welcome your unique ideas and inspiration as part of the landscape design process.
SOME OF THE DESIGN PRINCIPLES YOU MAY WISH TO APPLY TO YOUR GARDEN INCLUDE:
- Choosing plants with qualities such as purifying the air, medicinal purposes, edibles, wild life attracting and homes for wildlife
- Planting shrub gardens that require minimal fertiliser/maintenance/water
- Using fertilisers of an organic nature such as composts that are established from kitchen scraps etc
- Water catchment opportunities such as water tanks, swales for redirection of water and rain gardens etc
- Pet-friendly gardens that take into consideration shelter, play areas, safety etc for your family pets